What are your hours?

Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, except for federal holidays and weather emergencies.

 Where do I vote?

Voting is done in the upper gym at the Georgia Elementary & Middle School, 4416 Ethan Allen Highway, Georgia, VT  05478

 How do I apply for a dog license?

Dogs are required to be licensed by April 1st.

Dog licenses are handled by the Town Clerk's office.  We require that you provide a copy of your pet's valid rabies certificate. All dogs need a license, that is good for one year. 

Cats do not require a license.

 How do I reach Northwest Solid Waste District?

The Northwest Solid Waste District hours are as follows:

Admin. Hours:  Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Drop Off Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.

                         Saturday 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.

The phone number is 802-524-5986 or info@nwswd.org.

 How Do I Get a Burning Permit?


Deputy Fire Warden - Jay Paquette

He can be reached at 782-9684


 How do I contact the Animal Control Officer

The Animal Control Officer for the Town of Georgia is David McWilliams.  He can be reached at (802) 524-5283.

The Assistant Animal Control Officers for the Town of Georgia is Carrie Lewis (cell) 238-8866. 


You may also call the Franklin County Humane Society at 524-9650 for information on a lost pet.

 How do I reserve the beach pavilion?

Please contact the Town Clerk's Office at 524-3524.  You can reserve the pavilion for a fee of $175.00.  There is also a refundable $100.00 damage deposit that is required.

 Who is the Town Health Officer?

The Health Officer for the Town of Georgia is Cindy Deyak.  She can be reached at 524-9794 Monday through Thursday.  In her absence, please contact the Georgia Town Offices at the same number and you will be put in touch with someone who can best assist you.