Marriage Licenses

wedding rings


Marriage certificates are issued from the municipality where either you or your partner currently reside. If you are from a different state or country you may apply at any Municipal Clerk's office. If you are planning a destination wedding outside the U.S. you would inquire with the nearest consulate on how to proceed. You may visit the Clerk’s office or fill out the application below. Both party signatures are required on the application. At least one party's signature is required to issue the license. The Clerk may ask for valid identification or documentation. Licenses are valid for 60 days, after which the fee is non-refundable and you must apply for another license. Please review the Civil Marriage Application to ensure you will have all of the information required. 


For information on becoming a temporary officiant click here.



  • Officiant - name, address, and phone
  • Parents - name, address, and place of birth
  • Number of marriages
  • Photo ID for both parties
  • Marriage date and location


All fees are payable to the Town of Georgia.  The license fee is $80.00 for a marriage certificate and $10.00 for a certified copy. 32 V.S.A. Sect. 1712 (1) For issuing and recording a civil marriage or civil union license, $80.00 to be paid by the applicant, $15.00 of which sum shall be retained by the town clerk as a fee, $50.00 of which shall be deposited in the Domestic and Sexual Violence Special Fund created by 13 V.S.A. § 5360, and $15.00 of which sum shall be paid by the town clerk to the State Treasurer in a return filed quarterly upon forms furnished by the State Treasurer and specifying all fees received by him or her during the quarter.