Vehicle Renewal Registrations


Participating Vermont Town Clerks can renew select motor vehicle registrations.

Some restrictions apply: No changes other than address are allowed. Must have the preprinted renewal form mailed to you by DMV. Must expire in the current or previous two months.

The following types of transactions will not be processed:

  • Truck (54,999 lbs. or more)
  • Oversize/Overweight Permits
  • Driver License transactions
  • International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA)
  • IRP (Apportioned) Registrations


A processing fee (cash accepted) is paid directly to the Town Clerks for each renewal and is a separate fee from the renewal fee.



Checks and money orders for the correct amount only - cash will not be accepted for renewal fees.